Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Personal Temple from Western Kentucky (1,000 Points of Light: Good News for Solitary Practitioners and Self-Initiates)



Today we share a photograph of a Personal Temple from Kentucky. Together with the photo, this Independent Practitioner wrote:
Care Imperator Griffin,

This is not a full out view but I hope it is useful. I am located in (ommited), KY. I think that it may be wise to only publish Western Kentucky because of the hostility in the area toward anything not fundamentalist Christian. I may be being slightly paranoid, but it is extremely difficult to put into words the experience of living in the Bible Belt as a magician.

A Personal Temple From Western Kentucky

Thank you for sharing. It is sad to hear that even today there still remains such religious intolerance in a country like ours, which was founded on principles of religious freedom and tolerance.

In the Alpha Omega, we accept candidates for initiation from all religious faiths on an equal basis, including Christians, Pagans, Muslims, and yes, even Thelemites!

Our order is based on principles of personal responsibility, personal liberty, and self-determination. Each member of our order is accepted for initiation - and advanced in grade - exclusively according to individual merit. We do not discriminate due to race, religion, gender, sexual or political orientation.

We invite you to put your temple on the map by either commenting here or mailing us. Even better, send us a photo of your Personal Temple, to share with other Independent Practitioners around the world. We are all enriched by such sharing.

Here is what another of our readers recently wrote about the 1,000 Points of Light initiative:
"I'm excited about the resources and I like the support offered. So far, I have a table the size of a kitchen table filled with candles, resin incenses, a small picture of the tree of life and a dagger...Thank You Mr Griffin for being a great leader within the Golden Dawn that cares about other's spiritual growth. I really loved this blog post!" -Soror V.F.
Be sure not to miss the FREE! Ritual Magic Webinars in English, beginning on October 27 at 12:00 PM PDT in the chat room of the Golden Dawn Blog. I will personally host the Webinar, and will be available to answer your questions about your Independent Practice of Ritual Magic, offer tips, corrections, etc.

Sincerely,
Imperator David Griffin
HOGD, AO, 33, 90, 96

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!!!! 57 tempels and counting! A major, successful world-wide movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure that I am qualified to be a Personal Temple of the Magic of Light but,if so, I would like to be added. My name is Jim Amy and I am a solitary practictioner of G.D. influence Ritual Magic. My ritual space is in my apartment here in Vancouver, Canada.
    In Light,
    Jim Amy.

    ReplyDelete

Alpha Ωmega Mystery School Livestream