It has come to our attention that one or more people within the community have misunderstood a trademark dispute with AMORC. Since trademark law is very complex, it is not surprising someone without knowledge and experience in these matters would misinterpret the issue.
Although we cannot control irresponsible reporting, we can clarify the issue and its importance to the entire community.
- is NOT a law suit.
- IS a trademark dispute.
- trademark disputes are common – trademark oppositions comprise 80% of the work of the USPTO - Google the term “trademark dispute” and you can confirm this reality.
- AMORC wishes to trademark “The Rosicrucian Order” for their use ONLY.
- this is no different than Coke, as a company, trying to trademark “soda,” so other soft drink companies cannot use the term.
- we believe that AMORC is NOT the only legitimate Rosicruican order.
- we believe the term "Rosicrucian" should be protected for the entire Rosicrucian and Golden Dawn communities (not just the A.O.).
- Our action thus benefits the entire Rosicrucian and Golden Dawn communities.
- On behalf of the Golden Dawn and Rosicrucian communities, the HOGD/AO has taken leadership in preventing AMORC from gaining exclusive ownership of these terms.
- Our order's trademark application "Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Outer Order of the Rosicrucian Order of Alpha et Omega" (and design) excludes the terms "Hermetic Order" and "Rosicrucian Order."